[ONLINE] Botanical Remedies for Pain
June 7 @ 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm EDT
Current medical literature is documenting the link between inflammation and degenerative illnesses, including Arthritis, Alzheimer’s, Diabetes, Heart disease and Cancer. Societies around the globe have experimented with natural remedies that modulate inflammation for centuries. Scientific evidence supports many of these traditional therapeutics, which have a much better risk to benefit profile than conventional drugs such as Vioxx, Celebrex and NSAID’s, especially for long term use. In this presentation we will discuss the basic etiology and range of substantiated natural constituents that may help prevent or ameliorate inflammation.
For each botanical, we will elucidate:
- traditional/folkloric use
- chemical constituents
- possible mechanism of action
- suggested dosage
- cautions including possible herb/drug interactions
Track: Beginner to Intermediate
- List 5 specific botanicals that have proven anti-inflammatory effects
- Compare and contrast the safety and efficacy of at least two botanicals and standard pharmaceutical drugs
- Recognize the potential for herb drug interactions and possible adverse effects
Early Bird Registration of $25 available until May 31st
3 CEUs are offered for Massage Therapists, Dietitians, Nurses, and Midwives in the state of Florida for an additional $15 processing fee.
Please review this link for our school’s tuition and cancellation policies.